Iran’s president calls for immediate end to war with US
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has called for ending the ongoing conflict with the United States, breaking with hardliner factions amidst important economic hardship caused by the war and U.S. sanctions. He emphasized the importance of achieving peace currently while iran maintains the upper hand, criticizing opponents who oppose a peace deal without understanding the full situation. Pezeshkian also highlighted the severe impact of the blockade on Iran’s economy, including billions in lost oil revenue and diminished leverage over the Strait of Hormuz, a vital shipping route.While Iran seeks a deal with Oman to ensure safer transit through the Strait,negotiations are slow,and the ongoing conflict has persisted for six months,with a ceasefire having expired.Pezeshkian’s remarks coincide with debate within Iran about the timing and nature of declaring victory, as well as international tensions and U.S. efforts to control strategic waterways and enforce sanctions.
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian on Friday called for an end to his country’s war with the United States, appearing to break with radical hardliners.
Amid Washington’s blockade of Iranian ports, which has cost Tehran billions, and an “Economic D-Day” campaign targeting Tehran that President Donald Trump announced Wednesday, Pezeshkian conceded the severe economic impact the war has had on Iran.
Recommended Stories
“It is better to end the war today, when we are in power and dignity, and the whole world acknowledges our victory and emphasizes that America, contrary to all regulations, attacked our schools, hospitals, and infrastructure, and is hated in the world,” Pezeshkian said.
The Iranian president also rebuked colleagues who have opposed a peace deal.
“Some people are sitting outside the circle; because they do not know the state of the government, the state of the parliament, and the state of the commanders, they make comments and analysis, even though they have not experienced any suffering or hardship, and then they talk about the cost,” Pezeshkian said. “They do not find a single clause in this agreement that indicates a commitment; all commitments are related to the other party. Criticizing the problems of inflation and issues arising from the war is not consistent with the slogans of some. When we chant slogans, we must also accept their severity.”
” data-large-file=”https://www.conservativenewsdaily.net/breaking-news/wp-content/uploads//2026/08/localimages/AP26195648943342.jpg?w=696″ “https:>
Pezeshkian’s rebuke of hardliners comes after Vice President JD Vance said last month that U.S. negotiators are dealing with two camps of people with Iran. He said there are pragmatists and the “crazy people,” who would continue to derail traffic in the Strait of Hormuz, even if the U.S. bombed Iran “into oblivion.” During an interview with Joe Rogan, Vance said he would rather do a “delicate diplomatic dance where we’re using economic leverage points” than invade Iran with a ground war, arguing he would prefer to talk to the pragmatists to figure out a solution because “it’s just too easy to fire at ships in the straits.”
Pezeshkian’s push for Iran to declare “victory” now, while he believes it still holds the upper hand, comes as the U.S. blockade on ships entering or exiting Iranian ports near the strait has had a critical impact on Iran’s economy, costing it nearly $5 billion in oil revenue by the beginning of May. The head of the Iran-China Chamber of Commerce said last week that the naval blockade could cost Iran $18 billion annually if continued.
In addition, Iran appears to have lost some significant leverage over the Strait of Hormuz, which lies between Iran and Oman. The U.S. has established a shipping corridor through the narrow waterway to transport millions of barrels of oil each day. Data show that more than 80% of vessel transits through the Strait of Hormuz over the past two weeks have taken the Omani route, a United Nations-authorized and U.S.-protected shipping channel that Iran vehemently opposes, according to analytics platform Kpler.
However, while Trump claims “complete control” over the passageway, Iran still holds the capacity to attack vessels making their way through the strait, a power it persistently exercises that continues to hold global energy markets in limbo.
Iran has sought to maintain leverage over the Strait of Hormuz by eyeing an agreement with Oman over a plan for ships to transit the waterway. Iran on Monday said it was poised to reach a deal with the Gulf State over a plan for ships to transit the Strait of Hormuz.
Iranian Foreign Affairs spokesman Esmail Baghaei said at the time that talks with Oman had gone slowly, but that “an understanding has been reached regarding the map of the transit route.” Both sides are working to finalize details for a joint statement, he said, adding that the two countries “still plan to finalize the understanding in the form of a package: the map plus a joint statement.”
THE IRAN PEACE DEAL EXPIRES — AND THE CONFLICT ENTERS A DANGEROUS PHASE
Should Oman make the deal, it could face sweeping retaliation from the U.S. Trump said this week he would “bomb the s***” out of the country if it “gets in the way.” A trade deal between Iran and Oman was “finalized” and is headed to Iran’s Islamic Consultative Assembly for final approval, Iranian state media reported Friday. That deal did not appear to mention the Strait of Hormuz.
The war has stretched on now for six months, with a diplomatic solution continuing to elude diplomats on both sides. A 60-day ceasefire between Iran and the U.S. expired on Monday. The period was meant to give negotiators time to make a permanent deal. As of Aug. 21, 756 U.S. military members have been wounded in the war, according to the Pentagon.
" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."



