The Western Journal

Alert: Trump Resurrects Keystone XL Pipeline in Cryptic Truth Social Post, Moments After Announcing Trade Deal With Canada

President Donald Trump announced that a thorough trade agreement with Canada could lead to the revival of the Keystone XL pipeline, wich had previously been halted by President Biden. Trump paused impending tariffs against Canada and indicated that the pipeline,long considered dead,might be reactivated. Originally proposed in 2008, the Keystone XL pipeline was designed to transport oil from Alberta, Canada, to U.S. refineries, but it was put on hold during Obama’s management and canceled under Biden. Trump also signed an executive order to authorize a new pipeline from Canada into Wyoming, utilizing existing infrastructure and creating a new oil corridor into the U.S.Despite progress, Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney stated that some issues remain before the deal can be finalized. The revived project would use idle pipeline segments from Canada and follow a different route through Montana to Wyoming.Trump’s recent actions and statements suggest a potential resurgence of pipeline projects and strengthened economic ties with canada.




President Donald Trump indicated Tuesday that a trade deal in the works with Canada could lead to the revival of the Keystone XL pipeline.

Trump had threatened new tariffs against Canada, but Tuesday night indicated that would not take place.

“I have paused the 50% Tariffs against Canada, that were scheduled to kick in tomorrow morning for a three day period, based on the fact that Canada and the U.S.A., subject to the finalization of documents, have a DEAL!” Trump posted Tuesday on .

“The great Keystone XL Pipeline, long ago killed by Sleepy Joe Biden, may be awoken from the grave!” Trump wrote.

Trump also posted an AI-generated image of himself digging the pipeline out of a grave that read “Buried by Biden.”

The initial Keystone XL concept was first proposed in 2008, according to Newsweek.

That concept called for the pipeline to run from Hardisty, Alberta, to Steele City, Nebraska, where it would connect with pipelines that would take the oil to Gulf Coast refineries.

Amid opposition to the concept, former President Barack Obama put the concept on ice in 2015.

In 2017, Trump gave the concept his approval, but four years later, former President Joe Biden revoked permits and stopped the work.

On April 30, Trump issued an executive order authorizing a new pipeline running from Canada into Wyoming.

“Slightly different than the last administration,” Trump said ⁠when he signed the order, according to Reuters. “They wouldn’t sign a pipeline deal, and we have pipelines going up.”

The project would use infrastructure built on the Canadian portion of the line.

“The Canadian portion of the project revives the part of the Keystone XL that was previously built and has been sitting idle. On the American side, the pipeline would take a different route than the Keystone XL, running 645 miles through Montana to Guernsey, Wyoming,” according to Just the News.

As for the deal with Canada under discussion, Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney said there are loose ends remaining, according to NBC.

“Substantial progress has been made, although there is important work still to be done,” he said.

Advertise with The Western Journal and reach millions of highly engaged readers, while supporting our work. Advertise Today.






" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker