The Western Journal

Trump says there are no talks between US and Iran

President Donald Trump stated that the United states is not engaged in negotiations with Iran following the expiration of the 60-day memorandum of understanding. He emphasized that there are no talks or scheduled discussions with Iran and confirmed that the U.S. naval blockade remains in effect, with the Strait of Hormuz open and mines removed or detonated. The initial agreement, signed in June during the G7 summit in France, aimed to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and lift the U.S. naval blockade on Iranian vessels. tho, the deadline passed without resolution, and Trump indicated there would be no extension, asserting that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon and expressing little urgency to negotiate. he also warned other nations against interfering with efforts to reopen the Strait, threatening to respond forcefully if necessary, and posted a map claiming the Strait as U.S. territory. Tehran has maintained control over the Strait, affecting global oil and gas prices.


President Donald Trump shot down any indication that the United States is negotiating with Iran after the 60-day memorandum of understanding expired this week.

“There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran,” the president wrote Tuesday on Truth Social. “The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect. The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated.”

The memorandum of understanding with Iran was initially signed in June at the Palace of Versailles in France, as Trump was wrapping up his attendance at the G7 summit. The agreement was meant to “instantly reopen” the Strait of Hormuz and“immediately lift” the U.S. naval blockade on all Iranian vessels.

But the 60-day deadline passed without either side agreeing on how to end the Iran war that began on Feb. 28.

On Monday, Trump signaled that no extension of the agreement would occur, although the ceasefire had already fallen apart between the two sides.

“Look, we’re in there for one reason: Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon, you understand that?” Trump told reporters while speaking in the Oval Office. “Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon, and they won’t have a nuclear weapon.”

He also told Fox News yesterday he has “no time schedule” and is “not in a hurry” to negotiate with Iran.

“They should put up the white flag of surrender,” Trump added about Tehran.

TRUMP POSTS MAP SHOWING STRAIT OF HORMUZ AS US TERRITORY

Tehran has remained in control of the Strait of Hormuz, which has driven up global gas and oil prices. But Trump had a dire warning for nations interfering with reopening the Strait of Hormuz, the vital shipping channel that connects the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea.

The president claimed that “if Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the s*** out of them,” while speaking with Fox News.


Read More From Original Article Here: Trump says there are no talks between US and Iran

" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker