Trump senior aide Jason Miller announced the end of the “From The Desk Of Donald J. Trump” blog Wednesday morning, saying it “will not be returning.” Trump first announced the site in early May, less than a month before its demise. Miller confirmed on Twitter that the removal of the blog is a precursor to Trump joining a social media platform, though he did not offer any details.
Yes, actually, it is. Stay tuned! https://t.co/USKGvVXe2f
— Jason Miller (@JasonMillerinDC) June 2, 2021
Miller did not immediately respond to a request for details from the Daily Caller, though he has previously teased that Trump could return to social media on his own platform. (RELATED: Twitter Is Suspending Accounts That Post Donald Trump’s Statements From His Website)
“Hoping to have more information on the broader efforts soon, but I do not have a precise awareness of timing,” Miller told CNBC in a Wednesday morning statement.
Trump has sought to find a way to reacquire platform he possessed when he was in the White House and prior to his bans from Facebook and Twitter. The social media giants kicked him off their sites permanently following the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, in which Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to prevent then-Vice President Mike Pence from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory. Pence had no constitutional authority to prevent the certification.
Trump’s potential return to social media lines up with a timeline Miller put forward in mid-March.
“I do think we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media and probably about two or three months here with his own platform, and this is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media,” Miller said at the time.
First seen at © Daily Caller, ‘Stay Tuned!’: Trump Shuts Down Personal Blog, Teases Appearance On New Social Media Platform