Sunday night saw authorities search the residence of the 72 year-old suspect who was suspected in Saturday’s mass shooting in Monterey Park in California. On Sunday morning, the suspect shot himself.
According to Daily Wire policy on mass shooters, the man who opened fire at Star Ballroom Dance Studio, a predominantly Asian community located 10 miles north of downtown Los Angeles, will not be identified. Five men and five women were killed. The wounded were then taken to nearby hospitals. Their condition ranged from critical to stable. Seven remain hospitalized.
Multiple law enforcement agencies swarmed the man’s home to execute the search warrant, KTLA 5 reported. It’s not clear what the police sought or what they found.
Robert Luna, Sheriff of Los Angeles County, stated that Sunday’s press conference included the following: “everything is on the table” It comes down to the motive of the shooting.
“We don’t know if this is specifically a hate crime defined by law, but who walks into a dance hall and guns down 20 people,” Luna said.
The suspect was said to be a regular at the dance studio that he targeted and who provided sometimes for him “informal” dance lessons, CNN reportedAlthough it is not clear if he was a regular visitor to the studio in recent times, he did say so. The outlet reported that the suspect had met his ex-wife at the studio. According to the outlet, the suspect saw her dancing in the studio and introduced himself. The couple got married just a few days later.
The suspect filed for divorce back in 2005. It was finally finalized in 2006.
CNN reported that her ex-wife said the suspect was never violent towards her, but quick to anger. He would be furious if she missed a step when dancing.
Another acquaintance of the suspect told the outlet that he had complained to the instructor at the dance studio in 2010 about being mistreated by them. “evil things about him” and reportedly didn’t like him. According to a friend, the suspect was “hostile to a lot of people there.”
The Daily Wire has previously reported The suspect tried to enter another dance hall about half an hour after the shooting at Star Ballroom. However, two people were able to grab the gun from the suspect. The suspect fled in a white cargo vehicle. Authorities recovered a pistol from the scene and released a bulletin seeking the public’s help in finding the suspect.
Twelve hours later police came upon a white van carrying cargo 20 miles from Monterey Park. reported. The suspect was found dead when officers approached the van.
Read More From:
" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."