the bongino report

Military Says “Significant Debris” Retrieved From China’s Spy Balloon

The Atlantic Ocean has been able to recover sensors from the first Chinese spy balloon that was shot down over the U.S. “significant debris,” The U.S. military made the announcement late Monday.

It was just hours after White House officials had made the announcement. There is “no” Evidence of any “alien or extraterrestrial activity” The most recent “takedowns” of unidentified flying objects that followed.

The Chinese balloon, which Beijing claims was a spy vessel for the Chinese government, spent more than a week crossing U.S. and Canadian territory before President Joe Biden ordered it to be shot down from South Carolina.

The U.S. military’s northern command said in a statement: “Crews have been able to recover significant debris from the site, including all of the priority sensor and electronics pieces identified as well as large sections of the structure.”

The downing of the balloon on 4 February has been followed by a further three unidentified objects being shot down over North American airspace.

The FBI is examining the items which the U.S. says were used to spy on sensitive military sites.

@RealUSC via Storyful

About 30-40ft of the balloon’s antenna are among the items found, according to CBS.

U.S. officials said the high-altitude balloon originated in China and was used for surveillance, but China maintains it was merely a weather-monitoring airship innocently mapping global wind patterns that had somehow been blown astray.

White House spokesman John Kirby said all objects so far shot down did not pose “any direct threat to people on the ground”, but were destroyed “to protect our security, our interests and flight safety.”

The balloon shot down over South Carolina was described by officials as the size of three buses.

In this U.S. Navy handout, Sailors assigned to Assault Craft Unit 4 prepare material recovered in the Atlantic Ocean from a high-altitude balloon for transport to federal agents at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Feb. 10, 2023. (Ryan Seelbach/U.S. Navy via Getty Images)

The second object, over Alaska, was described by officials as the size of a “small car” while the third object, over the Yukon, was “cylindrical.”

The fourth object brought down from the skies over Michigan was said to be “octagonal” with strings attached.

A Pentagon memo later outlined the flying object shot down over Yukon appeared to be a “small, metallic balloon with a tethered payload below it.”

Defence officials also wrote in the memo the object shot down in Michigan “subsequently slowly descended” into the water after impact.

Follow Simon Kent on Twitter: or e-mail to: [email protected]

Read More From Original Article Here:

" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker