The Western Journal

LATE BREAKING: Scott Jennings Being Courted to Replace Karoline Leavitt Reportedly – ‘It’s His if He Wants It… and He Does’

CNN reporter Scott Jennings is being considered as a potential replacement for Karline Leavitt as the White House press secretary. The White House Chief of Staff, Susie Wiles, is backing Jennings, 48, who is favored by President donald Trump, who reportedly prefers a female press secretary. Jennings and wiles had been meeting prior to Leavitt’s departure declaration.Over the weekend,Trump held meetings with various candidates at his Bedminster golf club,including former attorney Alina Habba,real estate executive Bill Pulte,aide Natalie Harp,and others from political and media backgrounds. Several other individuals, such as former DHS officials, RNC members, and media figures like Lara Trump, have also been mentioned as possible contenders.Trump has also shown informal interest in the role, even asking a fox News correspondent if she would be suitable for the position.




CNN commentator Scott Jennings is being pushed to replace Karline Leavitt as White House press secretary, according to a new report.

According to the Daily Mail, White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles is pushing for Jennings, 48, to replace Karoline Leavitt, who is stepping down to spend time with her family.

“It’s his if he wants it,” the Daily Mail quoted a source as saying. “And he does.”

The report said President Donald Trump is partial to having a female press secretary.

The report said Jennings and Wiles were meeting even before Leavitt’s plans were ever made public.

Over the weekend, Trump met with multiple potential candidates for the post at his Bedminster golf club.

Among those who met with Trump, the report said, were Trump’s former attorney, Alina Habba.

Habba, 42, real estate giant Bill Pulte, 38, and aide Natalie Harp, 35.

“They were all trying to get in front of him this weekend. It was like The Apprentice,” one source said. “It reeks of desperation.”

Other candidates listed by the Mail include former Department of Homeland Security press secretary Katie Zacharia, ex-DHS representative Tricia McLaughlin, Breitbart Washington bureau chief Matthew Boyle, Republican National Committee representative Elizabeth Pipko, White House communications chief Steven Cheung, and former Kennedy Center representative Roma Daravi.

CNN tossed other names into the pot, including principal deputy press secretary Anna Kelly; former Fox News host Monica Crowley — who is now the chief of protocol — Trump ally Jason Miller.

Other contenders include former principal deputy press secretary Harrison Fields and former ESPN anchor Sage Steele.

CNN also suggested that Lara Trump, the wife of Eric Trump, could be an option.

As noted by the Independent, Trump is making his own rules about the selection process.

On Sunday, during an interview, he asked Fox correspondent Alexis McAdams about the job.

“You,” Trump said when asked who he would pick. “How about you?”

“She could do the job,” he said to Leavitt. “What do you think, Karoline? I like it. I’ve always liked you. That’s why I’m doing this. I don’t do this that often.”

Advertise with The Western Journal and reach millions of highly engaged readers, while supporting our work. Advertise Today.






" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker