The Department of Homeland Security is Giving “Welcome” Packages to Illegal Migrants
As the Trump-era Title 42 policy expires, the Department of Homeland Security seems to be welcoming illegal migrants into the U.S. with open arms. Video footage captured by a reporter shows migrants opening plastic bags that contain smartphones and documents about their hearings regarding asylum or deportation, with court dates nearly five years away.
What’s in the Welcome Package?
Reporter Tyler Hanson posted photos of the documents received by the migrants, showing that some of their court dates aren’t until at least 2027. This means, thanks to Title 42 ending, illegal migrants can live freely in the U.S. without consequences. Last year, the Biden Administration was questioned why illegal migrants were being given smartphones, to which they replied saying the purpose is so that they can track and check in with those who entered the country.
Concerns About the Welcome Package
Fox News White House Correspondent Peter Doocy highlighted that many migrants might throw their phones away. In response, then-White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki brushed off Doocy’s concerns saying that most migrants have shown up to their court hearings.
Chaos at the Southern Border
Since President Joe Biden decided to lift Title 42, the southern border has been in complete chaos. A video captured trash being blown around El Paso, Texas, and migrants being loaded onto buses in the middle of the night.
- The Department of Homeland Security is giving “welcome” packages to illegal migrants as they enter the U.S. after the Trump-era Title 42 policy expires.
- The package contains smartphones and documents about their hearings regarding asylum or deportation, with court dates nearly five years away.
- Some court dates aren’t until at least 2027, meaning illegal migrants can live freely in the U.S. without consequences.
- Concerns have been raised about the purpose of the smartphones and whether migrants will actually show up to their court hearings.
- The southern border has been in complete chaos since President Joe Biden decided to lift Title 42.
" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."