The Estranged Wife Breaks Her Silence
The estranged wife of the man accused of killing multiple women in the Gilgo Beach area has spoken out for the first time since her husband was arrested.
The woman, who will not be named since The Daily Wire isn’t naming her husband, talked to reporters outside the couple’s home in Massapequa Park, New York, after estranged wife breaks silence.”>investigators finished searching the property, the New York Post reported.
“If you want to take pictures, go ahead. I’m OK with it now,” the woman told reporters, according to the Daily Mail. “If you want to stand up here and wait for something. I have a lot of work to do.”
“The sheer depression of what I saw was enough trauma,” she added.
She was also asked about a GoFundMe page that a friend set up to help raise money for her and her family, saying, “It would be very helpful.”
The woman was reportedly seen sitting on her front porch for hours, yelling at reporters and even flipping off a camera. Her two adult children joined her at one point. Neither the wife nor her children have visited the man suspected of being the Gilgo Beach serial killer since his arrest.
The wife filed for divorce less than a week after her husband was arrested for the crimes. Her attorney, Bob Macedonio, told Fox News shortly after the filing that the arrest had taken a toll on the family.
“This is all still a whirlwind,” Macedonio told the outlet. “Her and her children’s lives have been completely turned upside-down.”
Macedonio further said that about an hour after the 59-year-old suspect was arrested, authorities went to his house and informed his family. They then seized the family’s passports, computers, phones, and iPads.
The Theory Behind the Murders
Police investigating the Gilgo Beach serial killings are operating on the theory that the suspect committed the murders in his own home, a source told CNN.
The theory is based on the fact that the suspect’s family was out of town during the murders, suggesting he may have lured the victims to his home, a source involved in the investigation told CNN.
Authorities are operating under this theory, the source said, as they continue to search the suspect’s home for trace evidence of the victims. Killing them at his own home would have allowed him to control the environment while having easy access to the materials found along with the victims at Gilgo Beach on Long Island, such as tape and burlap bags.
The 59-year-old suspect, who remained unidentified for more than a decade, was arrested on July 13 for the murder of three women whose bodies were found on Gilgo Beach in Long Island, New York, in 2010.
Four bodies were found within days of each other. The body of Melissa Barthelemy was found on December 11, 2010, during a police training exercise with a K9, according to a bail application obtained by the Daily Beast. Two days later, police searched the area and discovered the bodies of Maureen Brainard-Barnes, Megan Waterman, and Amber Costello. So far, the suspect has not been charged for Brainard-Barnes’ death but is the prime suspect.
If convicted, he faces multiple life sentences without parole.
" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."