US Seizes Another Venezuela Tanker as Tensions Escalate

U.S. authorities seized a tanker carrying Venezuelan oil in a pre-dawn operation on Dec.20, the second such capture since President Trump announced a blockade on Venezuelan oil shipments. Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem and other management officials said the Coast Guard,supported by the Navy and a Maritime Special Reaction Team,boarded the Panama-registered ship – named the Centuries – while it sailed in the Caribbean; officials are reviewing the vessel’s registration. The action follows an earlier Dec.10 seizure of the tanker Skipper and is part of a broader pressure campaign to stop sanctioned oil sales that U.S. officials say fund regional criminal and narcoterrorist activity. Administration figures, including Secretary of War Pete Hegseth and Trump, reiterated that the blockade will continue and warned that sanctioned tankers could be forced into U.S. harbors; Trump also did not rule out military action against Venezuela. The U.S. has also been targeting drug-running vessels in the region, reportedly destroying boats in the eastern Pacific.


The U.S. Coast Guard stopped a tanker carrying Venezuelan oil early Saturday in the second incident of its kind since President Donald Trump said the U.S. was establishing a blockade of Venezuela’s oil shipments.

“In a pre-dawn action early this morning on Dec. 20, the US Coast Guard with the support of the Department of War apprehended an oil tanker that was last docked in Venezuela,” Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem posted on X.

“The United States will continue to pursue the illicit movement of sanctioned oil that is used to fund narco terrorism in the region. We will find you, and we will stop you,” she added.

President Trump has been clear: the blockade of sanctioned oil tankers departing from, or bound for, Venezuela will remain in full force until Maduro’s criminal enterprise returns every stolen American asset,” Secretary of War Pete Hegseth posted on X.

Violence, drugs, and chaos will not control the Western Hemisphere,” Hegseth wrote.

A Coast Guard Maritime Special Reaction Team was assisted by the Navy in the operation, according to Fox News.

The ship had left Venezuela and was in the Caribbean Sea when it was boarded, according to The New York Times.

A U.S. official said that the ship boarded Saturday, called the Centuries, is registered in Panama, but officials are trying to determine if that registration is valid.

On Dec. 10, the U.S. seized a tanker called the Skipper carrying Venezuelan oil.


The action is part of Trump’s pressure campaign against Venezuela.

On Friday, NBC asked Trump about future seizures.

“It depends. If they’re foolish enough to be sailing along, they’ll be sailing along back into one of our harbors,” he said.

In that same interview, when asked about the possibility of a war with Venezuela, Trump replied, “I don’t rule it out, no.”

Last week, Trump ordered a “total and complete” blockade of sanctioned oil tankers exiting or entering Venezuela, according to the The Guardian.

In addition to seizing tankers, the U.S. has been sinking drug-running boats. On Thursday, a boat was destroyed in the eastern Pacific, bringing the toll of narcoterrorists killed to 99.




Advertise with The Western Journal and reach millions of highly engaged readers, while supporting our work. Advertise Today.


Read More From Original Article Here: US Seizes Another Venezuela Tanker as Tensions Escalate

" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker