Two dozen ISIS terrorists killed or captured after Syria attack

The U.S. military and partner forces carried out Operation Hawkeye Strike beginning Dec. 19, striking more than 70 targets in Syria and, according to CENTCOM, killing or capturing about two dozen Islamic State fighters. CENTCOM said the nine-day operation included 11 missions and the destruction of four ISIS weapons caches; at least seven militants were killed and the remainder taken into custody. The strikes were launched in retaliation for a Dec. 15 ISIS attack that killed two U.S. soldiers and an interpreter. CENTCOM commander Adm. Brad Cooper vowed to continue hunting ISIS operatives and working with regional partners to prevent a resurgence, a response President Trump had also pledged publicly.


Two dozen ISIS terrorists killed or captured after large-scale Syria attack: CENTCOM

The U.S. military has killed or captured about two dozen Islamic State group terrorists since Operation Hawkeye Strike on Dec. 19 struck over 70 targets.

U.S. Central Command announced Tuesday that the U.S. military and partner forces have killed at least seven ISIS members and captured the rest since the large-scale operation. The move follows an ISIS attack that killed three Americans earlier this month.

“We will not relent,” Adm. Brad Cooper, commander of CENTCOM, said. “We are steadfast in commitment to working with regional partners to root out the ISIS threat posed to U.S. and regional security.”

“Continuing to hunt down terrorist operatives, eliminate ISIS networks, and work with partners to prevent an ISIS resurgence makes America, the region, and the world safer,” he added.

The individuals were killed or captured during a nine-day operation that ended Monday and included 11 missions. It also included the elimination of four ISIS weapon caches.

The large-scale attack was the immediate retaliation for the ISIS attack on Americans. President Donald Trump had promised such a response, saying he would be “inflicting very serious retaliation, just as I promised, on the murderous terrorists responsible” for the deaths.

TRUMP SAYS ISIS ‘GOT A VERY BAD CHRISTMAS PRESENT’ WITH US STRIKES IN NIGERIA

“We are striking very strongly against ISIS strongholds in Syria, a place soaked in blood which has many problems, but one that has a bright future if ISIS can be eradicated,” he said on social media.

Two U.S. soldiers and an interpreter were killed in the Dec. 15 attack on American troops. Trump attended the dignified transfer of the Americans two days after they were killed.



" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker