Washington Examiner

Patel signals Comey case is far from over: ‘Stay tuned’

FBI Director Kash Patel has indicated that the investigation into former FBI Director James Comey is ongoing, despite a recent federal judgeS dismissal of Comey’s criminal indictment. In an interview with the Epoch Times, Patel stated that the FBI and Department of Justice are exploring multiple avenues to continue pursuing the case, which involves allegations of making false statements and obstructing Congress.Patel hinted at upcoming announcements following Thanksgiving, involving various responses from federal law enforcement. Attorney General Pam Bondi has vowed to appeal the ruling, emphasizing that all legal options remain on the table. The dismissal centered partly on the removal of prosecutor Lindsey Halligan due to her controversial appointment. Comey has denied any wrongdoing, calling the case malicious and incompetent, while former president donald trump asserts that Comey is clearly guilty despite the indictment’s dismissal.


Patel signals Comey case is far from over: ‘Stay tuned’

FBI Director Kash Patel revealed that the case into former FBI Director James Comey is not over after a federal judge tossed his criminal indictment earlier this week.

In a wide-ranging interview with the Epoch Times that was released on Saturday, Patel said the FBI and Department of Justice are weighing “numerous options” to keep the case, which centers on an alleged false statement and obstruction of Congress, alive.

“The judicial process can make whatever determination it wants, but we at the FBI and our partners at the DOJ have numerous options to proceed, and we’re executing on all those options. So we’re not done,” he said.

Patel teased an announcement to come after the Thanksgiving holiday, which will include “multiple responses” from federal law enforcement agencies.

The comments are not entirely surprising, as Attorney General Pam Bondi immediately vowed to appeal the ruling after it came down. She said the DOJ would pursue “all available legal action” without elaborating on what that could be.

But questions remain over who can bring the charges against Comey after the ruling removed the prosecutor, Lindsey Halligan, from the case, saying she was illegally installed.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT AFTER COMEY AND JAMES CASES DISMISSED?

Halligan, a former lawyer for President Donald Trump, had been appointed as an acting U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia in September, bringing the case against Comey mere days later.

Comey himself has denied all wrongdoing, recently calling the case one “based on malevolence and incompetence.” But the Trump administration maintains the indictment was only thrown out over a technicality, and President Donald Trump has previously said the former FBI director is “guilty as hell.”


Read More From Original Article Here: Patel signals Comey case is far from over: 'Stay tuned'

" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker