Nearly 5,000 people killed in siege of Ukraine’s Mariupol – mayor’s office

FILE PHOTO: Destroyed cars are seen in front of an apartment building which was damaged during Ukraine-Russia conflict in the besieged southern port city of Mariupol, Ukraine March 27, 2022. REUTERS/Alexander Ermochenko/File Photo

March 28, 2022

LVIV, Ukraine (Reuters) – Nearly 5,000 people have been killed in the southern Ukrainian city of Mariupol since Russian forces laid siege to it, a spokesperson for the city mayor said on Monday.

The spokesperson quoted data from the mayor’s office that said about 90% of buildings in Mariupol had been damaged and about 40% had been destroyed.

(Reporting by Natalia Zinets, Writing by Max Hunder, Editing by Timothy Heritage)


Read More From Original Article Here:

" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Back to top button
Available for Amazon Prime
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker