Washington Examiner

Iranian supreme leader calls nuclear industry ‘our undeniable right’


Iranian supreme leader calls nuclear industry ‘our undeniable right’ in series of threats against US

Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei said Tuesday that the country’s nuclear industry is “our undeniable right,” issuing a fresh warning to the United States as fragile negotiations over Tehran’s nuclear program are set to take place in Geneva. 

In a series of posts on X, Khamenei defended Iran’s uranium enrichment and broader nuclear infrastructure, a stance at odds with President Donald Trump’s administration. 

“The fact that nuclear energy is our undeniable right has been also included in the guidelines of the International Atomic Energy Agency,” Khamenai said. “That is, all countries have the right to own nuclear and enrichment installations. This is among a nation’s rights. Why does the US interfere?!”

Khamenei further defended Iran’s nuclear industry and said it is necessary for running a country, citing that agriculture and healthcare industries depend on it.

The Iranian leader also condemned U.S. military presence, including a recently sent second U.S. aircraft carrier, in the Middle East and seemingly threatened military action.

“The Americans constantly say that they’ve sent a warship toward Iran. Of course, a warship is a dangerous piece of military hardware,” Khamenei said. “However, more dangerous than that warship is the weapon that can send that warship to the bottom of the sea.”

He also said, “The US President keeps saying that they have the strongest military force in the world. The strongest military force in the world may at times be struck so hard that it cannot get up again.”

In a subsequent post, Khamenei said, “The US President has said that for 47 years, the United States hasn’t been able to eliminate the Islamic Republic. That is a good confession. I say, ‘You, too, will not be able to do this.’”

The United States and Iran are slated for a second round of negotiations in Geneva on Tuesday. The negotiations will be mediated by Oman. Iran has insisted that the talks be limited to its nuclear programs, while the Trump administration has sought to expand the conversation to ballistic missiles and regional influence issues.

Khamenei said the U.S. is going into the planned negotiations with a preconceived outcome, calling the prediction “foolish.”

“The Americans say, ‘Let’s negotiate over your nuclear energy, and the result of the negotiation is supposed to be that you do not have this energy!’ Khamenei said. “If that’s the case, there is no room for negotiation; but if negotiations are truly to take place, determining the outcome of the negotiations in advance is a wrong and foolish act.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with Trump in Washington last week and indicated the president stands with him in wanting to tame Iran’s ballistic missiles and support for terrorist proxies during nuclear negotiations. 

NETANYAHU CALLS FOR DISMANTLING OF NUCLEAR EQUIPMENT IN US-IRAN DEAL

The first round of talks took place on Feb. 6 and saw Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi meet with Trump’s special envoy Steve Witkoff and son-in-law Jared Kushner. The first meeting in Oman’s capital produced little progress. 

Hours after the meeting in Oman, the Trump administration announced a new package of sanctions targeting Iran’s oil exports, also known as the “shadow fleet.” The State Department has said the measures are designed to pressure Iran back to the negotiating table and prevent it from advancing toward a nuclear weapon.



" Conservative News Daily does not always share or support the views and opinions expressed here; they are just those of the writer."
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker